My Big Day…
…and man am I exhausted and should be sleeping!! I felt like writing everything out before going to bed. Today (should I say yesterday) has been such a busy day, I think it would be best for me to write out what I have done and what I have left to do. I don’t want to miss something along that way. So here we go…
1. I started with a clean kitchen and ended with a clean kitchen. That is one of the rules I try to stand by. Always leave the kitchen clean. Sometimes, I just want to go crash, but I know I will dread working the next day if I don’t take care of everything right away. It seldom takes very long, so it ends up being worth it.
2. Baked a Mississippi Mud Cake (pictured below) for a customer. I was shocked at how popular that cake is.
3. Mom helped me by putting my 20 cupcake boxes together, so the cupcakes can go right into them after they’ve been iced.
4. I made a lasagna. I didn’t post that picture I don’t think. It was awesome! I haven’t made one in a long time.
5. After supper, I put together 4 cake mixes (homemade mixes–all the dry ingredients for 4 recipes). That shaved off about an hour or so including putting things away. I even separated my egg whites/yolk for one recipe and put them in the frig for tomorrow. I’m trying to make everything faster for tomorrow.
6. I created my labels. I printed a full page label because I listed all 4 recipe ingredients on one page since there is one of each cupcake in the box. I just need to print them. I decided to wait on this until I knew all of the cakes worked out. Hopefully, I won’t need any last minute life savers.
7. Papered my tins. I even went ahead and put cupcake papers in my tins.
8. Tomorrow, I will put the dry ingredients together with the wet and start baking.
9. While the cupcakes are baking, I will start on the various icings. There will be 3 different types.
10. Then I will be packing up and delivering them to the customer.
So here I am, calming my nerves. I just noticed the dishwasher just stopped, so the dishes are drying now. I am tired and definitely ready for bed. I will report back to you to see if there is something I should have done. I didn’t get out all of the other ingredients for the recipes. Most of them are refrigerated anyway. Oh yeah, and the baby is staying with mom, which will definitely help my attention be on what I’m working on. So here we go. Wish me luck!
Posted on March 27, 2013, in Business, Food and tagged carrot cake, clean kitchen, cupcake boxes, cupcakes, heath bar, legacy recipe, make your own mix, prepare ahead, red velvet, white with lemon curd. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.