So…what about me? I always hate having to write this part because I never really know what you really want to know about me. I’ve always said that I am a pretty basic person. My FBI file probably has a blank sheet of paper in it. I guess that’s actually a pretty good thing. 🙂
I guess the best place to start is to tell you that I have been attempting to maintain a blog for years. I was blogging back before it was cool to do. Unfortunately, I couldn’t ever really find a topic that I would write consistently about. I think I have finally found it.
I’m just going to be transparent with you. I am a real person. I have all the same issues and problems as most people. I’m far from perfect, and I will be the first to laugh at myself because of it. I try not to take life too seriously because I did for so many years, and all it did was steal my joy.
So how did I come to be where I am today? I was basically like anyone else. Just a woman…living life…working…and BOOM I’M PREGNANT AT 40 (well my mom argues that I was “39,” but I had that little turkey just a little over a month before my 40th birthday, so I’m not afraid to own it).
I was divinely given the ability to bake, so now, I use that skill to sell items that I bake within our community. So I write about my baking, and I will also write about my cooking (even though I don’t sell non-cottage food items). I will also write about other things I am passionate about which really can vary from time to time. Either I’m terribly A.D.D. or I am “well rounded.” I’ll go with the latter.
I guess I’ll wrap this About Me up by just sharing some random things about me.
1. I’m ambidextrous.
2. I love Scrabble and will start several games online, but forget I have games in session. 😐
3. I married a man 4 years younger than me. He swears he’ll never let me forget that he’s younger.
4. I make careless mistakes if I bake when I am sleepy. Like using 2x too much flour…those muffins were so GROSS! I’m so glad I tested them.
5. I wish I had a journal of my mother’s thoughts throughout her life. Maybe she’ll read this and start writing in that journal I gave her.
6. I want to write a book, but I can’t decide what topic (sounds like a repeat of my blog problem).
7. I almost always have at least 9 or 10 tabs open on my web browser at any given time.
8. I love farm animals.
9. I started my first garden this year. Grew some awesome cucumbers until they turned yellow and all died.
10. I want 1 room in my house to be mine! Just mine! Any of you have a room like that?
Things I Love…I will add to this list as I find new things.
1. My Cuisinart stand mixer
2. My Cuisinart casserole dish
Farm fresh eggs from my dad’s farm I now have my own chickens, thanks to my sweet father! So they are now fresh eggs from MY home, in my humble backyard. (no rooster 🙂 )
Silky chickens (the breed) Yes, I still enjoy the breed, but I love my chickens. I have 4, and they are a sweet bunch of girls.
5. Vintage cookbooks
6. Free Amazon ebooks
7. Hulu Plus
8. Netflix, when they actually have something new on
9. Grey’s Anatomy
11. The Good Wife
12. Sitting and talking with friends
13. Doing something nice for someone when they are least expecting it
14. Making Buttercream filled Chocolate Covered Cherries
16. Making my baby smile and laugh
17. Making my husband smile and laugh
18. Talking with my mom and dad
19. Sharing a meal with my parents
20. Visiting my family
22. My Rodan and Fields commission and bonus check!! 🙂
Random Things About My Baking/Cooking
1. I use more paper towels than anything else.
2. I sanitize each individual thing before I use it even if it just came out of the dishwasher.
3. I keep a gallon size zip lock bag in the sink and put all of my trash in it as I go.
4. I wash my hands after every step regardless of if I touched anything or not.
5. I have 3 pickup times that I prefer. 7:45 – 8:00 a.m.; 12 noon; or 4:00 p.m. Special pickup times are possible with advanced notice.
6. I consider most of my products “adult goodies.” Kids tend not to care whether something is made from scratch or not.
7. I don’t use fondant by choice.
8. I work best if my work station is very organized.
9. I spend at least 2x the length of time it takes to bake/cook something in research to be sure I get the end result I wish to get.
10. I NEVER, EVER, EVER use a box mix for ANYTHING!